Javier Tebas Medrano, Head of La Liga has suggested that Barcelona and Real Madrid will be unable to sign either Kylian Mbappe from Paris Saint-Germain or Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund, according to reports by Mail.
“It is very unlikely that these players can be in La Liga,” Javier Tebas said. “I wish they could come, but we have to be realistic. I don’t think either of these two players will be [signed this summer].”
CHELSEA BATTLE FOR MENINO
The Sun reports that Chelsea could deal another blow to Atletico Madrid as they chase Palmeiras midfielder, Gabriel Menino.
The 20-year-old is wanted by Chelsea and Atletico, but the Spanish club needs to sell before they buy, meaning Thomas Tuchel’s side has an advantage in the market. The young midfielder would cost around £13 million to £18 million.
BARCA CHASE ‘AUSTRIAN MESSI’
Spanish Giants, Barcelona are reportedly in the hunt for Austrian teenager Yosuf Demir.
The 17-year-old left-footed attacker is impressing for Rapid Vienna, but his contract is up in 2022 and the youngster has shown no inclination to sign a new deal.
That means an offer of between six and eight million euros is on the cards, according to the Spanish newspaper Marca.
SOLSKJAER READY TO BRING DALOT BACK
- Sergio Aguero is on Chelsea’s watchlist while Barcelona have already made contact with the Manchester City striker over a free transfer.
- Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and the rest of Europe’s elite are battling to land £63m Sporting Lisbon youngster Nuno Mendes.
- Manchester City have announced plans to reduce the capacity of the Etihad Stadium by around 1,100 seats in order to fit new electronic advertising hoardings.
- Fans are expected to be allowed to attend the final of the UEFA Champions League due to be held in Istanbul in May, according to reports.
- The PFA’s move to appoint Maheta Molango as their next chief executive is under scrutiny amid major concerns about the recruitment process.
- Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly keen on a reunion with Serge Aurier at Paris Saint-Germain.
- Ajax legend Ronald de Boer claims Donny van de Beek is ‘not happy’ at Manchester United but denies the player wants a transfer.
- Diego Maradona has been cleared of dodging £34m in tax – four months after he died
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has named Robert Lewandowski as the best player he has ever coached.
- Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish has given his club a boost by returning to training and hopes to keep his spot in the England squad for the upcoming internationals.
- Manchester United’s embarrassing mix-up which cost them dearly in the race to sign Erling Haaland was down to a John Murtough blunder.
- Dennis Bergkamp is desperate to return to football coaching – and has suggested he would jump at the chance of returning to former club Arsenal.
- Phil Neville has reportedly agreed verbal terms to bring former England and Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs to Inter Miami.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly tasked his agents to begin working on a deal to take him back to Real Madrid this summer.