After releasing the list of starters for both conferences, the NBA has released the list for the 2021 NBA All-Star reserves, featuring the likes of James Harden of the Brooklyn Nets and Anthony Davis of the Los Angeles Lakers.
LeBron James is expected to lead the Western Conference while Kevin Durant will lead the Eastern Conference and both captains have some good players to pick from the 2021 NBA All-Star reserves.
Brooklyn Nets guard, James Harden has been selected for an All- Star game for the ninth straight year and will represent the Eastern Conference alongside his teammate and captain, Kevin Durant.
Harden who has been named as the NBA player for week 9 was selected alongside Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown and forward Jayson Tatum, Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine, New York Knicks forward Julius Randle, Philadelphia 76ers guard Ben Simmons and Orlando Magic center Nikola Vučević as the 2021 NBA All-Star reserves for Eastern Conference.
For the Western Conference, Anthony Davis has been picked among the 2021 NBA All-Star reserves and could play alongside teammate LeBron James while Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers has earned his 11th All-Star selection.
Joining the pair are LA Clippers forward Paul George, Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert and guard Donovan Mitchell, Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard and New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson.
The captains of the Western and Conferences are expected to draft 11 players to complete a 12-player roster ahead of the game which tips off on March 7.
2021 NBA All-Star reserves in numbers
Eastern Conference Player Pool
• Jaylen Brown, Celtics (1st All-Star selection): Brown joins Tatum to give Boston multiple All-Star selections for the third time in the last four seasons.
• James Harden, Nets (9th All-Star selection): With the selection of Harden as a reserve and Durant and Irving as starters, the Nets have three NBA All-Stars in the same season for the first time in franchise history.
• Zach LaVine, Bulls (1st All-Star selection): A two-time AT&T Slam Dunk champion and former Rising Stars MVP, LaVine is Chicago’s first NBA All-Star since Jimmy Butler in the 2016-17 season.
• Julius Randle, Knicks (1st All-Star selection): Randle is the first New York player selected as an All-Star since Kristaps Porzingis in the 2017-18 season.
• Ben Simmons, 76ers (3rd All-Star selection): The 24-year-old Australian has followed his Kia NBA Rookie of the Year-winning season in 2017-18 with three consecutive All-Star selections.
• Jayson Tatum, Celtics (2nd All-Star selection): This is the second straight All-Star selection for Tatum, who turns 23 four days before the 2021 NBA All-Star Game.
• Nikola Vučević, Magic (2nd All-Star selection): Vučević is an All-Star for the second time in the last three seasons.
Western Conference Player Pool
• Anthony Davis, Lakers (8th All-Star selection): Davis, who scored a record 52 points in the 2017 NBA All-Star Game, is an All-Star for the eighth consecutive year.
• Paul George, Clippers (7th All-Star selection): An All-Star for the seventh time in the last nine seasons, George made a record nine three-pointers and scored 41 points in the 2016 NBA All-Star Game.
• Rudy Gobert, Jazz (2nd All-Star selection): The two-time Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year scored 21 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in his All-Star Game debut last year.
• Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers (6th All-Star selection): Lillard is the second player to be named an All-Star six times with Portland, along with Clyde Drexler (eight selections with the Trail Blazers).
• Donovan Mitchell, Jazz (2nd All-Star selection): Mitchell joins Utah teammate Gobert as an All-Star for the second year in a row.
• Chris Paul, Suns (11th All-Star selection): Paul has become the third player to be named an All-Star with four different franchises, joining Moses Malone and Shaquille O’Neal.
• Zion Williamson, Pelicans (1st All-Star selection): Williamson, 20, is set to become the fourth-youngest player to play in the NBA All-Star Game, behind Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Magic Johnson.